Added Wednesday 19th June 2019
Hardie Race Promotions are delighted to finally unveil our plans for Saturday 2nd November 2019 – A date that has been left blank on our fixture list for a very special reason.
Hardie Race Promotions at Lochgelly Raceway are keen to build a reputation as a promotion who are seen as a valuable part of our community, and to help recognise and remember things that are most important in lives.
As we navigate our way through 2019, you will see that we already have a coupe car charity event lined up for 20th July, where we are raising funds for FORDS-Care, the drivers charity, and Radio Forths, Cash For Kids. Both of these charities are important in their own sense – FORDS-Care, the drivers’ charity is one that is there to help drivers and race officials should any accidents occur which may see them having to spend some time off work. Cash For Kids is a charity that ensures children in the Fife, and Lothians area are looked after, and have the essentials that they require to get through life, something a lot of people take for granted.
Beyond that, we are looking at participating at Lochgelly Gala in August – you’ll have noticed the Gala team at the venue a couple of weeks ago raising funds for the Lochgelly Gala – this is again something that we are proud to be supporting and to be a part of. The Gala committee raised £281.75 on the day, a figure that will be matched by Hardie Race Promotions.
However, the biggest announcement is detailed below – Saturday 2nd November 2019.
We’ll kick off events at 5pm on Saturday 2nd November in a night that will impact the lives of many, and give many others an opportunity to make dreams come true.
Throughout the evening of Saturday 2nd November we will be hosting the
- The Michelle Freck Memorial event for the 1300 Stock Cars
- 2 seater races in the CC Rods &
- 2 seater races in Hot Rods!
- A 1300 Stock Car LADIES RACE
- Plus Superstox and National Micro Bangers
Michelle was a valuable member of the HRP team, who we sadly lost last year, and with the family’s blessing, the inaugural memorial event will be held for the 1300 Stock Cars. Michelle’s family continue to support us here at Lochgelly Raceway, with Jack striving as our Junior Mr Starter, and Nicole supporting in race control.
We’ll be supporting three charities on the night with collection buckets at the reception / sign in offices.
The charities that are being supported for this event are
- SAMH – The Scottish Association For Mental Health
- Strathcarron Hospice
We’re supporting Strathcarron Hospice with the backing of Michelle’s family, the hospice where Michelle spent her final days.
There has been a number of sad stories in 2019 within the local area with a number of people losing the battle to mental health issues such as depression and stress and we feel it’s important to continue to raise awareness of the issue, and encourage people to talk, should they be suffering in silence.
Costings for the event are based on securing sponsorship –
- 1300 Stock Cars Ladies Race - £100 per team will be required to participate through seeking sponsorship
- CC Rod 2 Seater Experiences – A minimum of £25 will have to be raised in order to experience the on track thrill of being in a race environment.
- Hot Rod 2 Seater Experiences – A minimum of £35 will have to be raised in order to experience the on track thrill of being in a race environment.
- 1300 Ladies Race – The car will have to be organised by the participant – We’ve already spoken to a number of our drivers and the majority are happy to supply the cars
- 1300 Ladies Race – Participants must not have held a full ORCi licence within the last 5 years to be eligible to race
- Helmets, Overalls and Gloves should be supplied by the participant where possible (a number of drivers have spare sets available and would be happy to loan them for the races where necessary)
- 2 Seater Races – we plan on having around 8 cars on track for each race with each winner having a lap of honour
- 2 Seater Races – It is our intention to run 4 races across the evening for each formula, subject to the amount of passengers
- Funds must be paid on the night before entering your race
- All funds raised will be split equally between the charities
- There is opportunity for businesses to get involved in this meeting – get in touch with us to discuss.
To get involved and to get your sponsorship forms, please contact us by messaging the HRP Facebook page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s make November 2nd, a night to remember!