A non-contact budget formula where you can be on track in as little as £1000!
With strict rules to ensure that the racing remains close and competitive, it is a driver\\\\\\\'s skill that will propel them to victory lane.
The CC Rod formula have excelled in recent years at Lochgelly Raceway, providing some nail biting action with a mix of driver calibre across the field, leading to some interesting racing! One of the most consistent formula at Lochgelly, the CC Rods are a pivotal part of our formula line up.
Additional Comments and Rules
As discussed at the 2023 drivers meeting for the formula, the following will be implemented for the 2023 race season.
- The Scottish Championship will be contested from an out of the hat draw and the grid will be determined by two reverse grid qualifying heats. The top point scorer from the heats will be at the front of the grid for the Scottish Championship race. In order to be eligible for being gridded for the qualifying heats, drivers must have participated in at least 50% of the race meetings in the season to date OR at least three of the previous four previous meetings. Any driver that has done at least 1 meeting previously in the year, but does not meet the grid criteria may be permitted to race, but MUST start at the back in ALL qualifying races. Any driver that has not raced, may be permitted to race on a full licence, from the rear of the grid in all races, at the promotors discretion.
- Any driver turning up to race without booking will be required to start from the back of the grid in all races. This includes drivers booking after the booking deadline.
- Booking In - Drivers must inform HRP by 12pm the day prior to the event. Drivers that book in and take the green flag will have 5 points added onto their points. Drivers that turn up without booking in will get 0 attendance points. Drivers that book in and DO NOT turn up, will have 5 points deducted from their points tally.
- A penalty points system will be introduced where a driver can incur a meeting ban for escalating points throughout the season. If a driver reaches the 10 penalty points threshold, this will incur a 1 meeting ban from the formula. A docking for contact will receive 2 penalty points. A docking for ignoring blue flag will receive 2 penalty points. A black flag disqualification will get 5 penalty points. A load up offence will receive 10 penalty points.
- Drivers will be graded using their season average - however, any driver winning 2 races in one night will go up a grade for the next meeting, and will remain that grade for at least one full grading period.
- Grids will be based on points totals. Any no shows on the night will see the drivers move forward to fill the gap(s).
- 2023 CC Rod Rules 07-03-23 - Updated 7th Mar 2023
- CC Rods Grades - Jan 24 - Updated 30th Oct 2023
- CC Rods National Points 2023 - Updated 30th Oct 2023
Other Useful Links
- 2024 Drivers ListCurrent Lap Record, 14.505
- Roll of Honour
, set on 2nd May 2015, By Car #32 Ian Taylor.