Stock Rods are a non-contact high speed formula made up primarily of Novas, Saxos and Corsa.
Cars can have up to a 1400cc race tuned engine or a standard 1600cc motor. Stock Rods provide some close and fast racing and are always a joy to watch.
With healthy numbers of cars on track, it can be extremely difficult to overtake without contact, leading to some daring high risk moves in order to gain positions.
Additional Comments and Rules
As discussed at the 2020 drivers meeting for the formula, the following will be implemented for the 2020 race season.
- The Scottish Championship will be contested from an out of the hat draw and the grid will be determined by two reverse grid qualifying heats. The top point scorer from the heats will be at the front of the grid for the Scottish Championship race. In order to be eligible for being gridded, drivers must have participated in at least 50% of the race meetings in the season to date OR at least 3 of the previous 4 meetings. Any driver not meeting this criteria will be required to start from the back for ALL races on the night, this includes the Scottish Championship race.
- Any driver booking in and not turning up on race day will forfeit the grid position for the next race meeting. They will be required to start from the back of their grade at the next meeting they attend. Exceptional circumstances may see this rule waived.
- Any driver not booking in will be required to start from the back of their grade for the heats.
- Heats will be rolling starts with the meeting final being a clutch start.Current Champions
2020 Scottish Champion - 658 Chris Lattka
2020 Lochgelly Track Champion - 25 Siobhan Martin
2019-20 HRP National Points Champion - 25 Siobhan MartinPrevious Champions
2019 Scottish Champion - 27 Gary Dean
2019 Lochgelly Track Champion - 25 Siobhan Martin
2018-19 HRP National Points Champion - 25 Siobhan Martin
- 2021 Stock Rod Rules 24-03-21 - Updated 24th Mar 2021
- Stock Rod Track Championship 2021 - Updated 8th Sep 2021
- Stock Rods National Points - Updated 8th Sep 2021
Other Useful Links
- 2021 Drivers List
- Roll of Honour [Coming Soon]